Sunday, December 30, 2007

T.V. diet results


Resisting the glow of electronic satisfaction and fulfillment was not easy. Diets in any form are difficult, but I am proud to say that I only had a few minor set backs. It is amazing what you can do with yourself when you free time from something that isn't necessary and replace it with something more meaningful.

I think the change that I noticed most was how quiet everything is when you aren't watching T.V. late into the night. Another positive thing is that I was able to read five books during the diet.

It is fulfilling when you can read one book after another. It makes me feel powerful when I finish a book. I feel like the Highlander, who, when cuts off his enemies head he absorbs all their power, wisdom and knowledge. They are as a walking librarian with infinite knowledge and a sword that can lop off heads.

So in true Highlander fashion, every time I finish a book I retreat to the Lindon Amphitheater at midnight. There, I remove the clothes that I was wearing when I finished the book, and I burn them with the book that I finished. Thus completing my transfer of knowledge.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

Funny. With all the book reading, you should come join my Winter Reading Challenge. You can join at any time. There's only one man signed up so far and he's feeling lonely. :)