Monday, April 7, 2008

The Church of Steve Cont'd...

So on previous posts, I've talked about Tomatoes, Dried Fruit, and then Pickles. Now it's time to talk about something that I kind of like the taste of, but I can't stand the texture. So without further ado:

That shalt not partake of Apricots / Peaches

This might also be the mushy fruit rule. To explain this better I going to take you back to when I was young. My parents had apricot trees, and I actually used to eat Dried Apricots a lot. What ruined it for me was seeing the nasty apricots that fell from the tree and became mush. Every time I eat something mushy, my brain goes back to nasty apricots on the ground, just sitting there rotting.

Although we didn't have Peach trees, they're really close to apricots and they tend to be really mushy. Again....I know this doesn't make sense, because I like other mushy fruits....like bananas. I don't know why one works and the others don't, but they only consistent fruits are apricots and peaches so they have to be banned by the CoS.

Carter moment of the day:
So Carter is trying to learn how to climb the stairs....but he's kind of lazy about it. It doesn't matter if he's fully awake or tired....he'll get halfway up the stairs and then he gets pissed. The funny thing is that he is excited and then he magically hits a step halfway up that turns all that excitement into rage at the fact that there are still stairs left up and down. I'm sure he'll make it up all the stairs eventually, but I've never seen him get so mad about something. He literally sneers at you, until you pick him up. It's funny to see him start to get some personality....hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

1 comment:

Karlene said...

Carter was so fun today. He knows he's not supposed to grab the swinger when Rayder is swinging. I'll let Carter stand by the swing and hold onto the legs, but not the swinging arm. And he KNOWS full well he's not to do that because he'll look at the swing arm, look at me, shake his head "no" and then grab it anyway.

Today he was standing there holding onto the leg bars. Then looking everywhere but at his hand, as if he had no idea what it was doing, he slowly extended one finger at a time to barely touch the swinging bar. When he grabbed the bar, he acted like he was so surprised to discover what his hand had done!

Later, both Carter and Rayder were hungry at the same time. Rayder was crying so I fixed his bottle first. While I'm making it, Carter comes up by my legs and starts to FAKE CRY. Yes, totally faking it. Doesn't even bother to screw his face up like he's upset, just makes fake crying noises with his mouth until his food was ready. It was so funny.