Thursday, November 15, 2007

James Intro

I think Steve summarized perfectly how Aaron Richards came about. I was introduced to fantasy by my brother and sister when I was in junior high. They were reading Terry Brooks and could not stop talking about his books. Which at the time were the Sword of Shannara series. Until this time the only books I had ever read were required in school. However, once I picked up the Sword of Shannara, reading became a hobby.

A year or two later my family moved to Lindon where I met Mike and Steve. One of our things we enjoyed were playing board games. I remember they had a game with little lead figures of goblins, and wolves and knights that they painted. Then soon after D&D came into the picture. We were hooked on it. I remember several times we would play all through the night and then long into the next day. I can't quite explain what was so addicting about D&D but a suggestion is that if you know me Mike and Steve one thing we all have in common is a very strong imagination. I think the game exercised our minds to limitless possibilities.

Me and Steve never really got back together until after we returned from our missions and were married. I remember the day that Steve suggested we write together. We were at his sister Chellie's house for some kind of party. I think It was Richards party. The one where I hit the pinata with a bat, it broke completely free of the string holding it and hit the birthday boy square in the face, knocking him on his back... Priceless.

We were in Chellie's basement and I told Steve that I had an idea of a book I was thinking of writing. He then told me of this idea that was roughly based on the stripling warriors. It sounded like it had a lot of potential and he sold me on it. (and you think you can't sell Steve)
That is our first book that we started on. It is actually pretty far along, it just hasn't been transfer ed to paper.

I know eventually we will get something underway and complete. I was actually inspired last week at the BYU game. Not by Goiter boy, but by Steve Burke. He is one of Steve's friends from work that comes with us. As we were driving home he told us that he wrote a fantasy book and sent it to a publisher. I asked him how long it took him to write it and it only took him about six months. If he can do it, I know we can too.

I am excited to post here. I have a good idea about Steve's bathroom rules. It would be very easy to make a quick 20 second commercial for each bathroom rule. I don't know if you can post video clips here, but if not we can link it to Youtube. I can see it being pretty popular.

I will also be creating posts on the following:
-Fitness advice from a fat guy
-My annoying neighbors upstairs
-The mystery of the man crush

2 comments:

McKenna Gordon said...

Tim McGraw LOL

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.