Sunday, November 18, 2007

The T.V. Diet


I think this might be the craziest thing I have ever tried before. I have realized over the past few months that I watch too much television. When it is time to go to bed I will turn on the T.V. and I will channel surf for hours, even if there is nothing on. I don't know why I do it, and it drives me crazy.

The idea occurred to me yesterday when I then thought of all the things I could accomplish if I replaced my T.V. watching. I could finish the books I am reading faster, and I could free more time for writing, which I have been meaning to do for a while now, I have just been too lazy.
So the rules of the diet are thus:
-I will go one month with no T.V.
-Video games can still be played. (I control how much I play xbox extremely better than T.V.)
-Movies can also be watched.
I figure this is a good time to start since we will be on a cruise for one week. I want to try this and see if I can improve the quality of time that is normally spent worshiping the boob tube.
Wish me luck.

No comments: