Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Who is Aaron Richards?

So I realize that I haven’t fully explained the Aaron Richards things at all. Why are there two authors to the blog? Where is the other author? Well, the answers to those questions and many more interesting stories will shortly follow.

I know that earlier I said that this would be the True Hollywood Story of Aaron Richards, but as I tried to write the story, I realized that there is nothing really extremely interesting about my late teenage years like the usual THS stuff that E reports (Addiction to drugs, dealing with exorbitant amounts of money at a young age because of fame, etc..). Actually, there are a lot of funny things to reminisce about, but the story of Aaron Richards is pretty simple. Let me just lay out the background information:

James and Mike were really good friends from Junior High on.
Mike and Steve (me) have been brothers since birth (I realize that’s obvious, but you never know, some readers may need clarification) oh and we’re only a year and week apart in age not that that’s anything special, but it meant we shared friends growing up. It was a package deal, if you got one you got the other...although I think I probably spent more time with Mike’s Friends than he spent with mine. I’m trying to decide if that was because my friends and I were older and we didn’t want Mike to tag along or if Mike thought he was too cool for us (obviously he’s not, cuz I’m awesome). Since this is my blog and Mike doesn’t know about it yet, I’m going to let you all assume that it was because Mike was an elitist who thought he was too cool for us and I was more grounded (and did I mention awesome/humble) and would hang out with the younger crowd. Ok, more needed information:

James married Natasha in June 2002
Steve married Kenna in May 2002 and since the weddings were happening all around the same time and Steve and James were friends, the wives got to know each other and became friends….which makes the two couples married friends and that means life friends. Our first sons will be in the same grade…..can you say double-family vacations!!!!

So now that the background is set, James and I currently like to create things (clarification for Kenna, I said create, not finish). One of our passions is writing. James is an excellent writer, as you’ll see when I actually get around to giving him a login to this site. And I am great at coming up with stories. Somehow I dream these elaborate stories. I remember dreams like they are movies and if I had a good one I write it down and James and I bounce it around until it becomes something really cool and worth writing. Because our names are just not exciting we write under the pen name Aaron Richards which is James and my middle names, respectively.

What can you look forward to from Aaron Richards if James and I ever finish a project? We have a few book series that we are working on….One that is an Epic Fantasy type series trilogy which is the furthest along project. We also have a Ghost Hunter type series that we are working on. Aaron Richards also writes screen plays.

I’ve messed with Rule 2 again and that’s 3 straight posts that I’ve had to break it. Hopefully I get better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Steve, good times! That was an awesome blog. Natasha and I both laughed our heads off at it (especially the part about starting and not finishing).
I am about to get really sappy, and this only happens once every couple of years, and you are more than welcome to delete it so it is not out there for our...fan... to read.
But I think you are an awesome friend. Reading this post made me reminesce (spelling?) about D&D, David Foster, Super Nintendo, Talk Soup, occasional Gordon fist fights...the list goes on and on. I would have never traded it.
I am happy to have you as a friend, and I love your family too. Mckenna is so talented it makes me sick, and Carter is effing cute. And Dino... well, Dino barks a lot.
Anyways, I know that one day we will get something finished and thus our empire will grow like lush hemp in an L.A. suburb.
Thanks for the memories...and the wrist pains, of an awesome friendship.

Karlene said...

Speaking of lush hemp, do you know what the #1 cash crop in KY is? No longer tobacco, but marijuana.

So if you want your books to REALLY be spectacular, you may want to have someone from KY edit them for you (cough, cough...me). And of course, share the mounds and mounds of cash with her.

Just a thought.

McKenna Gordon said...

I'm so glad you're blogging on a regular basis now. I find it to be such a great exercise. Stretch those mad skillz, babe.